Saturday, February 16, 2013

The Gift of Encouragement

When you least expect it, but need it most, God brings gifts and blessings to you. Yesterday I received the gifts of warmth and encouragement!

I was so fortunate to meet some new moms who were so welcoming to me and my daughter. It can be scary to encounter new places and new faces, but stepping out can bring wonderful rewards. We met a very kind mom who made a point of introducing my daughter to her two girls and offering to send us some information on a co-op. I hope we can set up some get togethers for the girls in the near future!

The second new mom was a wealth of knowledge concerning dual credit for our coming high school years. She will certainly be someone to keep in touch with. I shared with her some concerns about my daughter reverting back to being shy and not wanting to meet new people or go to new activities. She smiled and said as she looked at my daughter it was like seeing her's all over again. She was so encouraging telling me her daughter is now a freshman in college with so many wonderful new friends and has really come out of her shell. It was so awesome to talk with a mom who has already travelled the path I am about to. She made me feel like it will all be ok!

It was also a blessing to get some warm smiles and greetings from moms I have only met a time or two before.

I thank God for a wonderful experience yesterday. His love and concern for me and my daughter was made real right before my eyes through the sisters in Christ he brought into our midst.


1 Thessalonians 5:11 Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you had this experience! I've noticed my girls get a bit more shy as they get older. My middle daughter was the most outgoing child we had but has now become a very shy soon to be teen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tina, it felt so good to know I wasn't alone and to hear how this other mom's daughter had really blossomed at college. Hearing about your girls just confirms we are not the only ones dealing with this. We miss seeing you all!

    ReplyDelete